Founded in 2018, the Information Technology Student Advisory Committee (ITSAC) provides a forum for undergraduate and graduate students to discuss current campus technology priorities and new IT initiatives. This committee is an essential channel for ensuring students have meaningful input and involvement in enhancing the IT experience at McMaster.
Create a platform for students to advise on their technology needs, priorities, and concerns
Establish a channel for communication between students and IT service providers
Build relationships between the student organizations and IT units and departments on campus
Assist with testing new products and/or review new services before they are announced to the campus community
Share what they learn with their peer groups
The committee meets monthly during the Fall and Winter terms. At the end of each year, the ITSAC provides a report to Senior Management, outlining recommendations and feedback on the IT services at McMaster. The report is available on the AVP and CTO website, along with the ITSAC’s Terms of Reference.
ITSAC MembersMembers of the committee include representatives from student organizations across campus and the general student population.
- McMaster Student Union (MSU) | Hargun Kaur
- Student Representative Assembly (SRA) | Kaitlyn Fleming
- Humanities Society | Finlay (Finn) McMullen
- Science Society | Yasmine Kollar
- Undergraduate Student Member At-Large | Joseph Clinton
- Part-time Student Member At-Large | Gursehaj Harika
- Graduate Student Member At-Large | Karol Serkis
- Student Success Centre, Student | Masarra Al Dakka, Duwa Javed
- International Student Services (SSC) | Hanjun Kim
- Graduate Students Association (GSA) | Wei Zhao
- Registrar’s Office, Services | Hishmat Salehi, Liam Telenko
- Alumnus | Alyssa Wu
- Computing and Software | Thomas Chiang, Thien Trandinh
- University Technology Services (UTS), Staff Member, Co-Chair | Shirley Marshall
- Student Success Centre (SSC), Staff Member, Co-Chair | Elizabeth DiEmanuele