IT Governance Committees move to Microsoft Teams
Starting with the January 2021 meetings, IT Governance has made the move from Confluence and MacDrive to Microsoft Teams, allowing for easier access to current and previous meeting materials.
This move continues the commitment to collaboration (providing input and feedback on documents), transparency (allowing access to decisions and discussions), inclusivity (sharing documents through Teams with the community) and alignment (making the connection to the McMaster IT Strategic Plan). The Microsoft Teams channel will be the best place to look for the latest agenda and the materials for review. The IT Governance Teams group is open to all in the McMaster community. To join, search “IT Governance” in Teams.
For the McMaster Community
The McMaster Community will have access to:
- the IT Governance Teams channel
- submit material for review to the IT Governance General channel
- the latest templates
- the meeting schedule which includes the required submission dates
This will enable collaboration and transparency as proposals are submitted to IT Governance, while streamlining the process. McMaster Community members will continue to have access to the material available to committee members.
Organization of the Microsoft Teams Channel
- Each Standing Committee channel has a file folder for 2021 Materials Agendas and Notes and the 2021 Meeting Schedule
- The 2021 Materials folder will have sub-folders for each of the 2021 scheduled meetings. As materials are ready for the meetings, they will be added to the folder along with the agenda.
- The latest Terms of Reference is also available for review.
Please note: the latest status updates for projects endorsed through IT Governance will continue to be made available through the Strategic Initiatives page in Confluence. The move to a SharePoint dashboard requires more development. Strategic Initiatives – Information Technology – Collaboration Spaces (mcmaster.ca)
Thank you for your continued participation and feedback on the IT Governance framework. Please send any feedback on the use of Microsoft Teams for IT Governance to Amanda Baldwin at email@example.com.News Category, Uncategorized